Friday, June 11, 2010

Jazzy New Habits


If it isn't official yet, it will be. My neighbors will officially hate me because of the new hobby I've decided to pick up this summer.

I attended my very first Jazz Concert this school year and let me just say... I'm in love. I have always wanted to play an instrument, so I started 'hangin out' in the band room to see what I could find. What I found was a great French guy willing to let me tag along with him on field trips and at practices.

Although my #1 guy played the trumpet in the 5th grade band this past year, I decided very early on that an instrument that I had to actually blow into wasn't for me. I just have issues with the mouth piece part. Gross.

So... I decided that I am a percussionist.

My newest purchase to start the summer right is a 5 piece drum set, complete with cymbals. Step two will be to get a coach this summer to teach me how to play it, and step 3 will be to actually be able to play with other people. Maybe if I work really hard, I'll be good enough to play with the 6th grade band next school year.

Yup, my neighbors are going to hate me.