Monday, July 23, 2012

V.I.P. in July

Donarie, SYTYCD, Wicked.

Growing up, I watched boxing because my dad was totally into it.  I don't remember much; I don't remember having a favorite.  But I did learn a lot about the sport.  So sitting in the second row of the Donarie fight this summer was a simple treat.  The day trip to Los Angeles in Irish's  G- ride and dinner for Scone's #1 was a perfect way to spend QT with good peeps.  We even got to watch Kelly Pavlik woop on some guy with a loud girlfriend, which made it that much more memorable.  A second row seat, with no one in front of us = some great seats for a great fight.  Good times with good friends.  Mrs. MM sure is a hottie... although she was over dressed for the occasion .  (Ha, so was I.  Note to self:  Jeans are appropriate for the next fight we attend.)

The same week as the fight, Sissy, Lei Bear and I went to LA (again) to visit Trashley.  She has worked on So You Think You Can Dance since the first season.  She went from Mother Hen to producer and now has her own cutie pie office in the NBC studio.  Each season, Sis and I make the trip to West Hollywood to hit up the Grove and (not) stand in a long line for a seat at a live taping.  Lady Gaga was the guest judge last year, we've seen Katie and Suri, Portia and Ellen, and have met all the dancers, judges, and choreographers.  We get a really cool VIP pass that we wear on our necks.  We go backstage and take pictures.  But the honest highlight is always driving up with Sis, hanging with Ash, and eating, shopping, and getting dolled up. The highlight this time around was watching Sis and Lei Bear go paparazzi on the cast of Dance Moms.


The night we watched Donaire fight, No Neck had purchased tickets to Wicked for Sissy's birthday.  A great surprise for her that I did NOT get to engage in.  No worries though because I was presented with two surprise tickets to the show the closing night in San Diego.  The seats were dead center.  The seats were in the orchestra section.  The seats were A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

Needless to say, I feel like a VIP.