Sunday, April 24, 2011

Bunny Baskets

I was talking to E and C's oldest son the other day on the way to the dojo.  Here is (kinda) how the conversation went:
Az: Are you my aunt?
Me:  Yes dear.
Az: Does that mean that we are all cousins?
Me:  Az, blood isn't what makes family.  Love is what makes family.  So yes.  We are family and I am your aunt.
Az: (short pause) Can I eat a snack before jiu jitsu?
(He's six, so I'm pretty lucky that the conversation lasted that long.)

 For Easter, our family celebrated with close friends and family.  The Val 6 pack, Sensei and fam, Ms. J, the E-Clan, and all the "guys" came for some good old fashion egg hunting.  Well... it was more like all the moms prepped, stuffed, organized, and hid plastic eggs.  All the guys bbq-ed , and all the kids ran wild all over my house.  Yup, that's a better description. 
The result:  all out egg war in the front yard.  Lots of fun, laughter, and candy.  Too much chocolate... if there is such a thing.  Following the eating, drinking, hunting, and chocolat-ing, the ladies thought it would be a *perfect* idea to...get this... take a Zumba class. 


 So Sissy ran us through a Zumba workout while the guys talked, laughed, and ate a delcious tri tip (that I couldn't have because of lent)  in the backyard and all the kids watched RIO and ate candy they found in those plastic eggs.
I don't know what I was thinking.  I mean, first we killed a bottle of delicious Almond Champagne (from the Wilson Creek Winery in Temecula...that will be another blog.  Yummo)  They we got in the gym and did a workout. 

Crazy.  Crazy fun.

I'd like to share with you my three favorite 'Zumba Jen' favorite quotes:

"The more you shake, the more you burn!"
"This is my favorite move: dry your butt, dry your butt, dry your butt!"
"The most important things are to keep moving and have fun!"

She also said, "It's not a workout, it's a PARTY!"
She lied though.
It is a workout.