Sunday, June 14, 2009

56 days of Summer!

A friend and I are playing a game this summer. We counted that, if we stay true to the 'vacation' mentality, there are exactly 56 days of pure freedom before the first administrative meeting that we have to attend for the new school year. Therefore, we are posting one picture to represent everyday of summer vacation. It sounds easy - take my camera where I go and take pictures of everything I do. I'm really looking forward to all the exposure I'll get to my 50D (no pun intended... well, sort of)
I suspect that most of my shots will be of the kids at places like, oh, the dojo. Here is one of the kids practicing "Passing the Guard" They enjoy this drill because everyone gets a chance to participate and you get to keep playing if you can pass the guard. Sensei tells them it is a game, but they are reinforcing the skills they will need to learn. My boys always laugh because they get to roll all over the ground with their friends. Tell me...what boy doesn't like to play rough and tumble all over the mat?
This picture doesn't count for the 56 because it was taken a week ago, but I though I would share anyway. If you would like to see the pictures from the summer, check out my facebook album. I'll try my hardest to update FB images daily!