Thursday, January 22, 2009

Too much food...

It is always so wonderful to see family and friends get together for a celebration. Music, laughter, and children running around almost define a good time. The one thing that I enjoy the most, however, is the food. I mean, man, so much food. Too much food. Lumpia, pancit, pizza, cake... I find that I myself get so busy entertaining guests that I never really sit down to eat. That does not mean that I go hungry though. I grab a breadstick here and a chicken wing there, and soon I've had enough to feed a small army without sitting for a moment. I watch sis do the same thing, so I know it must be something in the blood.

The babies were completely unaware that dozens and dozens of people fought soccer traffic to wish them a happy first birthday. Even the clown had to park outside of the parking lot and walk up the hill to be part of the whole thing. Although I am typically anti anything that takes that much time and energy, I am grateful that sis and mom took that time to put it all together. I got some great pictures.

The 8 year old opted for a super sleepover on his (their) actual birthday. After #1's super 9th birthday sleepover, hubby and I said, "Never again." But #2 really, really ,really had to have friends over, so we caved and said yes. All in all, it wasn't too bad, but we did have 5 kids and a baby walking to the donut shop the next morning. I'm so lucky that graveyards throw hubby's time clock off; he stayed up to tend to the tornado while baby and I slept.
This weekend, we plan on catching up on some much needed family time together. Work and school have been crazy, so we are due to slow it down and just hang out together. Can't get better than that.


What about you?