Saturday, January 19, 2013

Learn something new


New Year, New Sport.

Rugby is a little hard to get use to for me.  I mean, I don't know any moms that like to watch their sons get tackled, hit, and chased.  I must say that football was hard enough; now I have to hold my breath as I watch two 20 minutes halves of my guy running up and down that field hitting his friends.

BTW, he loves it.

I think that the part he likes is that he gets to carry the ball.  In fact, at the very first game of the season, he was the kid that scored the first try.  (I learned at the Rugby 101 class that a TRY is like a TOUCHDOWN... but five points instead of 6)   I also learned that rugby is, " A hooligans sport played by gentlemen."  Yup, they get pretty down and dirty on that field.

Coach says that there is a tradition that after scoring your first try, you're suppose to pour a drink in your shoe and drink from it.  I can say that he did NOT practice that tradition.  However, here is one that he does practices.














Behind the ear?   Gggggggross.  I bet it tastes like a combo of sweat and Axe spray when he puts it in his mouth.  Just sayin'...