Thursday, June 18, 2009

Del Mar Fair

I guess it's called the "San Diego County Fair" now, but I just love going to the Fair. On June 28, 1999, a very pregnant me and hubby were at the Fair looking to buy a hot tub. I remember feeling very sick, so hubby couldn't finish wheeling and dealing. I grabbed a plate of cheese covered Aussie chips to go and we went home. I continued to feel ill and thought it was because of all the lovely greasy food from the Fair. Turns out, between the walking, the eating, and the outrageous prices of the Jacuzzis, I went into labor and had #1 the next day. Since then, we've taken the family to the Fair during the month of June every year.

This year's trip was just as fun, filled with delicious foods fried to perfection, carnival games that really no one can win, and thrilling rides that only cost a few yellow tickets (which cost 75 cents each) All in all, we walked away with great memories, sore feet, and indigestion.

When asking the boys, they thought the highlight was a show called Swifty Swine Races - pig racing for an Oreo cookie. One pig could swim. All I could think about during the show was how people actually make money off stuff like that. It's all good, it was fun.

My highlight was watching the kids scream for "their pig" during the races. And, the Aussie chips...yum.