Monday, April 6, 2009

Show me you love me

I think that my family has figured out that the one surefire way to show me that you love me is to feed me.

The boys took me to Buca di Bepo for a wonderful birthday celebration. To make it more special, we sat at a special booth located in the kitchen area. While eating, we had a chance to watch the chefs create wonderful dishes and the servers bustle about getting the orders ready for hungry customers. The boys and I enjoyed the pasta feast. There was only one little boy that , due to restaurant restrictions (no high chairs in the kitchen), ended up not being part of the eating portion of the night. Rather, Papa came to the rescue and took the little one away to sissy's house. There, he enjoyed a meal of something delicious mashed up into little pieces and shared 3 ways.

Mom also helped to celebrate by hosting a late lunch at her house complete with strawberry pie, Mandarin orange cake (with pineapple frosting) and all sorts of wonderful dishes, including those little fried chicken wings that simply can't be good for you.



Hubby left to attend a funeral for four fallen police officers in Oakland. It was a tragedy that left us shocked and saddened. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/28/us/28cops.html

While he was gone, many unexpected twists and turns happened at work for me. Without too many details, let's just say that I am blessed, blessed, blessed with good friends, healthy and safe family, and angels watching over me. And, it is safe to say that my co workers fooled me by playing a very funny April Fool's joke by - an "Over the Hill" celebration for me. The funniest part about the whole thing was that it wasn't even my birthday... but I got to eat cake and open gifts so it's all good!